Monday, January 21, 2019

Still alive

So I'm still around, I just went from some time to no time around the end of the spring 2016 semester. I got a part time job and then had to knuckle down for finals. And working on this blog went from back burner to fridge to bottom of the fridge.

Kinda happens when you complete your degree's required classes in 2.5 years. Though I now have a Bachelors of Science in Psychology. Yay me. Would have had Summa Cum Laude, but apparently I still suck at Chemistry.

Now I haven't been all work and no play, I kept up on all the various gossip and issues going on in RPG community via G+. Some of you probably even had a conversation or two with me there (as of right now there is only a month or so left on Google Plus, so if your reading this down the road, thats why you can't find it). I backed a few RPG Kickstarters -the reprint of Aaron Allston's Strike Force, Worlds of Cypher, all of Goodman Games DCC/MCC projects, Tales from the Loop/Things from the Flood, The Umerican Survival Guide, and Main Gauche. Granted all of them ended up on shelves after a read through, but once I get a 9 to 5 type job, they'll get their play time.

Now having mentioned Mutant Crawl Classics (MCC) it goes without saying that is were my Kowloon City dungeon will go. I'm thinking subing it in for one of the various Chinatowns in either Chicago or LA. Either works for a sunken city: Chicago is slowly sinking -4 inches or so a century- and already has a network of tunnels under it, and LA is one or two big earthquakes from sinking. Both have an existing river next to them and adjacent highways. LA's is leading in my mind, because it's right next to Dodger's Stadium and Elysian Park, so there is the added crazy of irradiated Dodgers fans or LAPD Cadets. Maybe a cargo cult type group that treats the area as paradise.



To save for posterity, I'm including my post from the DCC Community on G+, about running some DCC for my twin sons and sister over the 2018 Thanksgiving holiday. They had fun, I learned abit about running for kids, and I'm still looking to get them another adventure done before the school year is over. Though they prefer Minecraft most days.



SPOILERS AHEAD

Ran my twin boys and sister (5e gamer normally) through Purple Sorcerer’s Nebin Pendlebrooks Perilous Pantry. Kinda to give the rest of the family a break from them playing Smash Brothers on my sisters Wii she brought with her.

They (twins) had a good time and consistently volunteered to open doors and run into rooms. One of the boys took his whole group of peasants in the room with grub, and promptly ran them all back out when it burst up and tried to swallow one of them. The rest of the peasants got to see an epic turn undead moment (the other twin had found the fountain the holy symbol) with critical turn roll, then a max roll on the table. Most of the undead dwarves and Nebin scattered to the corners and left them easy pickings (from an almost max turn time roll).

The fight with the rock behemoth was a series of flubs by the behemoth and good rolls (and burned luck) for the peasants. The wizard was useless and just peaced out after being freed.













No comments:

Post a Comment