Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Taking a crack at that list.

So I decided to take a crack at the sliver idea.

A quick trip to Wizards.com, pulls up all 96 of the distinct slivers and their abilities. I dropped the results into an Excel worksheet and started cleaning it up. I left the name of the sliver, special abilities, and power and toughness for general stating. After that I went through and interpreted the abilities they had into more RPGish ones. Duplicates will be trimmed off, and similar ones will be tweaked to be unique. I also need to decide on a few if they need to be worked on at all, because they really have no analogue in gaming terms.


Now that I have the abilities roughed out, I’ll start stating up the base sliver, a juvenile, and an alpha. The juvenile will be the equivalent of a sliver token, while the alpha will be mix of the Queen/Hivelord/Overlord/Legion legendarys. I’m aiming for a few notches less then deadly individually, so when a large group pop up the PCs don’t think easy XP, and their treated as a legitimate threat to the area if left unchecked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment